Concluding our series helping our customers avoid some common causes of damage to their properties.
Storms and Bad Weather
- Check your roof on a regular basis for signs of wear and tear and arrange for a professional roofer to give it a full check at least once a year with any damage rectified as soon as it is found.
- Larger, overhanging trees in the vicinity of your property can potentially cause damage to your building in high winds and storms. Arrange for a professional to cut back any longer branches in close proximity.
- Ensure pipes and guttering are clear of leaves and other debris so water travels through them easily. Blocked pipes can freeze causing them to fracture and even shatter.
- Heavy snow fall can cause damage to roofs of garages, sheds and other flat roofed outbuildings with the extra weight.
- Your property must always be kept in a good state of repair – your insurance policy is not a maintenance contract – The upkeep of your property is your responsibility, with insurer’s assistance at the time of a claim.
Remember – We are here to help! Do not hesitate to contact us on 01253 764294 if you have any questions.