We are committed to helping our customers avoid some common causes of damage to their properties.
As we approach winter, freezing temperatures can play havoc with properties and cause damage to plumbing and heating systems. It is good practise to following these instructions:
- If you leave your property unattended, leave the heating on low
- Ensure all exposed internal and external pipes, external taps and header and water tanks are sufficiently lagged.
- During extreme cold spells, warm the loft by opening the entrance.
- Make yourself (and those living with you) aware of the location of your stopcock so you can shut the system down in an emergency
- If the property is going to be empty for an extended period, consider draining your plumbing and heating system
Remember – We are here to help! Do not hesitate to contact us on 01253 764294 if you have any questions.
Coming next: Part 2 – Fire